Folic Acid with Folate Complex Vitamin (99.8% from sources and plant based botanicals)
Why take Folic Acid with Folate Complex Vitamin?
It’s recommended by the NHS that all women who could get pregnant should take a daily supplement of 400 micrograms of folic acid before they’re pregnant and during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, when the baby’s spine is developing.
If you did not take folic acid supplements before getting pregnant, you should start taking them as soon as you find out you’re pregnant.
Folic Acid with Folate Complex Vitamin It serves many important functions in your body. For example, it plays a crucial role in cell growth and the formation of DNA. Folic acid protects unborn babies against serious birth defects.
Everyone needs folic acid to be healthy. But it is especially important for women:
- Before and during pregnancy. Folic acid protects unborn children against serious birth defects called neural tube defects. These birth defects happen in the first few weeks of pregnancy, often before a woman knows she is pregnant. Folic acid might also help prevent other types of birth defects and early pregnancy loss (miscarriage). Since about half of all pregnancies in the United States are unplanned, experts recommend all women get enough folic acid even if you are not trying to get pregnant.
- To keep the blood healthy by helping red blood cells form and grow. Not getting enough folic acid can lead to a type of anemia called folate-deficiency anemia. Folate-deficiency anemia is more common in women of childbearing age than in men.
What is Folate vs folic?
Folate and folic acid are different forms of vitamin B9.
Folate is the naturally occurring form of vitamin B9. Its name is derived from the Latin word “folium,” which means leaf. In fact, leafy vegetables are among the best dietary sources of folate.
Before entering your bloodstream, your digestive system converts it into the biologically active form of vitamin B9 - 5-MTHF. Unlike folate, not all of the folic acid you consume is converted into the active form of vitamin B9 – 5-MTHF – in your digestive system. Instead, it needs to be converted in your liver or other tissues. Yet, this process is slow and inefficient in some people. After taking a folic acid supplement, it takes time for your body to convert all of it to 5-MTHF.
Folic acid is the man-made form of folate, a B vitamin. Folate is found naturally in certain fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Folic acid is found in vitamins and fortified foods.
Folic acid and folate help the body make healthy new red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen to all the parts of your body. If your body does not make enough red blood cells, you can develop anemia. Anemia happens when your blood cannot carry enough oxygen to your body, which makes you pale, tired, or weak. Also, if you do not get enough folic acid, you could develop a type of anemia called folate-deficiency anemia.
What the NHS says about Folic acid?
Highly recommended for pregnant women and those trying to conceive. You should take a 400 micrograms folic acid tablet every day before you’re pregnant and until you’re 12 weeks pregnant. Folic acid can help prevent birth defects known as neural tube defects, including spina bifida. If you did not take folic acid before you conceived, you should start as soon as you find out you’re pregnant.
- Certified vegan by the ‘Vegan Society’
- The NHS states 400 micrograms of folic acid each day for pregnant or women trying
- 99.8% from sources and plant based botanicals
- Conception and First Trimester
Certified Vegan – Our product has gone through a strict review by the ‘Vegan Society’ – The trademark is used on labels worldwide as the authentic international vegan standard. The trademark is used on labels worldwide as the authentic standard for products free from animal ingredients and animal testing.
Ingredients: L-5- Methyltetrahydrofo late Calcium – 200mcg Folate Saccharomyces Yeast 1% Folic Acid – 200mcg Folic Acid
Myrtle & Maude’s range employs the uplifting, soothing and settling powers of plants and herbs to combat the trials and tribulations of pregnancy.
Your safety is our priority. All Myrtle & Maude products are formulated and regulated by a qualified herbalist. We know the natural world, and take inspiration from the earth and its raw beauty to provide handmade, unique blends, created to provide comfort and wellbeing. The highly trained team in our nature labs are specialist growers, pruners, pickers, blenders and everything in-between. We are proud of our craft and prefer to only source high-quality, natural ingredients.