It's pot luck if you don't get them - no one knows if they will or won't but one thing is for sure its hard NOT to be concerned when you see the bump growing and growing!
However one thing that is constantly being repeated by experts is moisturise, moisturise, moisturise!
Try our homemade recipe for stretch marks
You will need :
15g Beeswax- Holds in moisture and reducing dryness
15ml of Evening Primrose oil - Boosts blood circulation
15ml Vitamin E oil -Helps maintain healthy skin
3ml Lavender Essential oil - Known to be great for treating skin rashes, cellulite and dark spots
3ml Frankincense Essential oil - Helps prevent and heal tissue damage
1. Place 15g Beeswax into a pan and start to melt on a low heat
2. Add 15ml of Evening Primrose Oil and 15ml of Vitamin E Oil
3. Melt on a low heat and sprinkle water to the mixture while stirring continuously
4. When a fluffy consistency is attained, switch off the flame
5. Switch off the flame and add 3ml of lavender essential oil and 3ml of 3ml Frankincense Essential oil
6. Whip continuously till you get a downy texture
7. It's ready to store it in an airtight container
RIGHT YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.........Massage onto clean, dry skin twice daily, paying particular attention to problem areas such as abdomen, breasts, hips, buttocks and thighs.
Essential oils are fine to use in moderation, not all of them are considered 'safe' during pregnancy. Please consult your midwife or doctor before use.